Half Day Epilepsy Awareness Course
This 3 hour course is aimed at carers or care teams supporting or providing care to those suffering from epilepsy, and who require a better understanding of this topic. Delegates will gain a basic knowledge of this condition together with an understanding of care interventions, support techniques and multidisciplinary guidance.
- An introduction to epilepsy
- Causes and diagnosis of epilepsy
- Problems experienced by people suffering from epilepsy
- Types of seizures (including management and first aid)
- Status epilepticus
- Treatments options including oral medication
- Risk management and understanding the support mechanisms available
The trainer will provide continual assessment throughout the session. Upon successful completion of the course the delegate will be awarded a certificate of attendance.
Workplace Wellbeing trainers are pleased to provide half day Courses at your location (max of 12 delegates per course). Workplace Wellbeing also provide occasional dates for awareness training at a purpose built training site based in the beautiful County of Herefordshire. Overnight accommodation is available at a reduced cost for all Workplace Wellbeing delegates
Cost will be dependent on the venue location and the number of delegates booked onto the course. Please contact the training department to discuss your requirements or for further information